Alcohol Killed Amy Winehouse Says Second Inquest
The second inquest into Amy Winehouseís death proved that the beehived singer indeed died of alcohol toxicity. Coroner Shirley Radcliffe recorded a verdict of death by misadventure and that there were no suspicious circumstances to the singerís death.
A second inquest had to be made after the first investigation showed that the original coroner did not have the right qualifications for the job.
Despite that, the findings were the same as the first one. According to Radcliffe, Amy had a blood alcohol level that is five times the legal driving limit which was fatal. She added that such level of alcohol can badly affect the central nervous system. For example, it could make the patient fall asleep and not wake up, which is what exactly happened to the British singer.
Amyís family did not attend the second inquest that was held on Tuesday. I think it would have just brought back painful memories for them as when the singer was found dead at her home in London last July 23, 2011. Empty bottles of vodka were found all over her place.