"We must expel Arabs and take their places."
- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.
"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."
- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.
"There is no such thing as a Palestinian people... It is not as if we came and threw them out and took their country. They didn't exist."
- Golda Meir, statement to The Sunday Times, 15 June, 1969.
"The settlement of the Land of Israel is the essence of Zionism. Without settlement, we will not fulfill Zionism. It's that simple."
- Yitzhak Shamir, Maariv, 02/21/1997.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'
- Albert Einstein
You say problem, I say challenge
You say can’t, I say can
You say impossible, I say possible
You say never, I say one day
You say 10 %, I say 100 %
You say maybe, I say definitely
You say O.K., I say WONDERFUL!
By guest writer Sona
Three word phrases that can be tool to help and nurture every relationship:
1- Let me help.
2- I understand you.
3- I respect you.
4- I miss you.
5- Maybe you're right.
1- Free your heart from hatred.
2- Free your mind from worries.
3- Live simply.
4- Give more.
5- Expect less.
By guest writer Sona
1- The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.
2- The best and most beautiful things in the world can’t be seen or touched; they are felt with your heart.
3- The good essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
4- Like soap for our body, tears are for your soul.
5- Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright!
By guest writer Sona
1. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
2. Everybody lies, but it does not matter because nobody listens.
3. If you say, “things will get worse” they will.
4. Let your heart guide you, it whispers so listen closely.
1. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
2. With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see.
3. There is one rule for success in life: Don’t tell people EVERYTHING you know.
4. Write on your heart that everyday is the best day of the year.
5. Don’t be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
Since Valentine is approaching… here are some love quotes for you:
1. The first duty of love is to listen.
2. If you want to be loved, be lovable.
3. The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
4. A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
5. Love! Why does it hurt? Why does it ache? Maybe because we love too much and too deep that sometimes we forget to keep a little for ourselves.
1. Always remember you’re unique… just like everyone else.
2. You have in your possession a brain more powerful than any super computer.
3. You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you see, and smarter than you think.
4. Do what you can do to the very best of your ability.
5. Accept responsibility for where you are now.
'The west has decided the Arabs picture in movies and TV series and now it is our own turn to redraw this picture.'
Syrian director Najdat Anzour
'I believe that the Arab world is never going to be a united nation, as had been hoped in the Arab Revolt, but something in a more modern context, similar to Europe. It is the only way. We have developed within each part of the Arab world our own identities, and unity in the future must be a unity of sovereign equals.'
King Hussein I
'When thinking about the future, make sure you're not trying to fulfill someone else's dreams. You're more likely to succeed if you stick to your own agenda.'
Make "I can" an integral part of your vocabulary. Whenever you're tempted to say "I can't," stop, take a deep breath, and imagine what would happen if you gave it your all.